Over the past few years, short-form videos have become more popular, especially with the rise of TikTok, Instagram Reels, Facebook/Instagram Stories, and YouTube Shorts. As technology has continued to progress, people have become more accustomed to the conveniences it has to offer, and their attention spans have also shrunk along with it. Many social media platforms have taken notice, so short-form videos have become more valued in their algorithm when it comes to what users are more likely to see on their timelines.
8 Steps to Start
- Start with research: just like every marketing endeavor, it always starts with research. In this case, look at what your competitors are doing and see what you can use in your own strategy.
- Experiment: discover which trends, themes, and overall tones work for you. Don’t be afraid of trying out different content ideas and getting creative.
- Schedule your videos: find the right posting frequency that will work best for your brand.
- Repurpose your content: instead of starting from scratch, see what you can reuse from the content you’ve already created and posted. Maybe it’s part of a blog post or a clip from a longer YouTube video.
- Find the right blend: determine how often to post each type of content using what you learned from your research and experimenting steps.
- Keep your online community in mind: create good social content by looking at what types of content your audience responds to — what kinds of content do they want to see from you?
- Humanize your brand: feature your employees, show behind-the-scenes content, and lean into humor. People want to know the people behind the brand, not just what you’re selling.
- Engage with your audience: interact with users in your comment section and encourage people to engage with you.
Luckily for marketers, creating short-form videos on social media is easy and will help increase brand awareness, drive engagement, and capture people’s attention. It’s also a much more cost-effective way to market your business since these videos will only be anywhere between three seconds to one minute long. Plus, you can even reuse some of the marketing content you’ve already created, which will also cut down on the time you’ll spend creating short-term videos.
Pacific Software Publishing, Inc.
1404 140th Place N.E., Bellevue, WA 98007
|PSPINC Creates Tools For Your Business|
|Pacific Software Publishing, Inc. is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington and provides domain, web, and email hosting to more than 40,000 companies of all sizes around the world. We design and develop our own software and are committed to helping businesses of all sizes grow and thrive online. For more information you can contact us at 800-232-3989, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at https://www.pspinc.com.|